Membership of professional associations
- Australian Literacy Educators’ Association (ALEA)
- Senior Fellow, 2019-2024
- President, ALEA Riverina Local Council, 2017-2021
- Primary English Teachers Association of Australia (PETAA)
- International Literacy Association (ILA)
- American Education Research Association (AERA)
Scholarly and professional activities
- Australian Journal of Language and Literacy (AJLL) editorial review board (2018-2020)
- DECRA application Review (2015)
- OLT Assessor (2015)
- PhD Examinations – Monash University (2014), Wollongong (2016)
- Australian Curriculum Advisor: Invited to provide input to update to Phonics and Phonemic Awareness (2015)
- Invited reviewer for: British Journal of Developmental Psychology, Issues in Educational Research, Psychology, Society, and Education, Alberta Journal of Educational Research and Teachers and Teacher Education (TATE), Psychology, Society, and Education.Australian Journal of Language and Literacy, International Journal of Early Childhood Literacy, Asia Pacific Journal of Teacher Education, Australasian Journal of Teacher Education, Teaching and Teacher Education, Contemporary Issues in Early Childhood,
- Guest Editor for Special Edition of Contemporary Issues in Early Childhood (2013)
- Review of Book Proposals: 2011 – For SAGE Publishers
- Member of Victorian ALEA planning committee for the ALEA National Conference held in Melbourne in 2011.
Other professional contributions
- Becoming a Writer Early Childhood educators and parent Resources – video and brochure (2015/2016). Funded by VCAA, launched in Jan 2016 for distribution throughout Victoria. http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Pages/earlyyears/index.aspx
- Writing Assessment Tool (2015) – this tool is an outcome of the Year 1 Writing Research Project and is now available for teachers to access via: https://doms.csu.edu.au/csu/file/832c364a-855c-4e39-aac5-1dc9a96fa8cf/1/Writing%20Analysis%20Tool.zip/Writing%20Analysis%20Tool/index.html
- Becoming a Writer Parent Resources – video and brochure (2013). These are being accessed by schools from all over Australia and the US. In Victoria the VCAA are using with preschool teachers. (see my website: http://www.csu.edu.au/faculty/educat/edu/staff/profiles/lecturers/noella-mackenzie)
- CSU Marketing Presentations, Wagga, Albury and Bathurst, Dec 25-27, 2015.
- CSU Port Macquarie launch, Guest presentation, March 23, 2015.
- Corowa High School School Development Days January and July, 2015.
- Professional development support for classroom teachers:1998-2016 – Topics included ‘The reading and Writing Processes’, ‘Effective literacy strategies for K-6 classrooms’, ‘Becoming a Writer’. ‘Writing Transitions’, ‘Writing analysis’.
- Presentations for parents: ‘Play and literacy’, ‘How to help your child with reading and writing’– 1998-2014.