Short professional articles for teachers
- Mackenzie, N.M., & Spokes, R. (2018). The Why, Who, What, When and How of Handwriting Instruction. Practical Literacy: the early and primary years, 23(1), 17-20.
- Mackenzie, N.M. (2016). Why drawing and talking support early writing development. Belonging Early Years Journal, 15(3), 10-11.
- Mackenzie, N.M., & Scull, J. (2016). Writing analysis: using the electronic analysis tool. Practical Literacy: the early and primary years, 20(2), 35-38.
- Mackenzie N.M. (2015). Being Literate: Then and now. Practical Literacy, 20(3), p. 26.
- Mackenzie, N.M. (2015). Interactive writing: A powerful teaching strategy. Practical Literacy: the early and primary years, 20(3), 36-38.
- Daffern, T., & Mackenzie, N.M. (2015). Building strong writers: Creating a balance between the authorial and secretarial elements of writing. Literacy Learning: the Middle Years, 23(1), 23-32.
- Mackenzie, N. (2010) Drawing as play, visual literacy and a scaffold for early writing. Early Childhood Education Council of NSW Inc.
Professional resource development
- Writing resources for Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA) https://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/curriculum/earlyyears/ey-curriculum-resources/Pages/Birth-to-8years.aspx (2016). This includes a video for parents and early childhood educators and brochures for parents.
- Writing analysis tool downloadable PDF available here